Sunday 26 June 2011

My Brothers

My Brothers is in close competition with Tomboy as my second favourite film this week. There was some discussion once with my mum and step-dad as to what our favourite genre of film is, and discovered mine was "road movie". My Brothers is a wonderful road movie, set in Ireland as three brothers travel to the seaside in an old bread van to find a present for their terminally ill father. The film is about family relationships and dealing with grief. It is beautifully shot and the story is so emotional throughout. The film was directed by Paul Fraser who works alot with Shane Meadows, and he did a beautiful job on this, his debut feature. To top the film off, all the soundtrack was original music by Gary Lightbody from Snow Patrol. Perfect. FIVE STARS. more if i could :) x

No comments: