Saturday 18 June 2011

Perfect Sense

This evening I attended the premier screening of David MacKenzie's "Perfect Sense". Before I talk about the film I want to just say how amazingly exciting it was to attend my first premier and to also see Ewan Mcgregor, one of my favourite actors of all time. I can officially die happy.
Before the movie, McGregor, MacKenzie and producer (and therefore my idol) Gillian Berrie gave a small introduction to the film, and were each blown away by the reception they were receiving.
When I watched the trailer I was given the impression that the film was just your conventional love story. Meet, fall in love, fall out of love, forgive each other. And although the film does indeed follow a similar format, the twist in the story line took me completely by surprise. The ideas behind this film are Genius and nothing like anything I've ever seen before.
Overwhelmed by the story it left me crying like a baby at the end, initially with happiness but then also with grief. I highly reccomend this film to anyone. An apocalyptic romance!

FOUR STARS. x

No comments: